Digital IR

I've been experimenting with digital IR methods, using a R72 filter on my D70, a filter which passes only IR. (though if you hold it up to a light, you can see a dim image through it) It requires the use of a tripod, as long exposures are the norm, do to the limited IR sensitivity. I prefer the film look, though the digital camera adds color to the IR, which produces some interesting effects.

Self Portrait in IR

My first successful digital IR image, featuring myself (I was finally able to figure out how to get a good white balance.)

Ferns on a tree

A cluster of ferns growing on a tree in the park behind my house, not uncommon in the Pacific Northwest forest.

Spring Creek Pond Outlet

The outlet of a large pond in the park, known as Spring Creek Pond. I chose to leave the color, as I thought the color was rather interesting. (The color in the other images didn't really add anything.)

On Spring Creek Pond

A tree growing on the pond bank.
Thanks for looking, and as always, feel free to comment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some news!

Franklin and the Green River Gorge mining operations.